This upgrade is for owners of license(s) for MovieRecorder 3 and who want to upgrade to MovieRecorder 4.
NEW FEATURES (in MREC 4 compared to MREC 3)
WARNING: IMPORTANT CHANGES
MovieRecorder 4.1 and later can not record to MXF DNxHD in OpAtom anymore, it will use Op1a instead.
HOW TO UPGRADE ?
- Fully configurable user interface
- NDI® sources
- External audio sources
- Effects and overlays
- HEVC (H.265) support
- Save and restore configurations
- "Express" version
For more information on the activation/deactivation process or the dongles, you should have check the Help Center about our licenses available on Softron's support desk.
The standard license of MovieRecorder 4 now includes the "Pro Codecs" and "Closed Captioning" options. You do not need to purchase them separately anymore. If you order multiple licenses, make sure to check our bundles.
- You need to order as many upgrades as you have valid permanent MovieRecorder 3 licenses. (one upgrade per license)
- If you are using a Serial Number, it will need to be deactivated before we can generate a new license for MovieRecorder 4. Ideally do the deactivation before placing the order, and in the comment, indicate both your serial number, and that it has been deactivated. Once the order is received, and we have confirmed the deactivation of the original serial number, we will send you a new serial number for MovieRecorder 4. If you can't deactivate prior to the order, indicate it in the comments, we'll organise this with you.
- If you are using a Dongle, you will need to send us the dongle serial number that you intend to upgrade so we can send you an upgrade procedure for that dongle.
- If you are using a Serial Number but want to upgrade to a dongle, it is still possible, just add a dongle to your order and tell us what Application Serial Number it should replace. We will then send you the procedure for the migration.