This upgrade is for proud owners of license(s) for OnTheAir Video Express (3 or 4) and who want to upgrade to OnTheAir Video 4.
NEW FEATURES (in OTAV 4 compared to OTAVE 4)
Note that if you upgrade from OnTheAir Video Express 3, there are even more new features:
- Scheduled playout
- Dynamic Graphics Overlay (Paid Option)
- Secondary Audio Output
- Smart resize and graphics
- Live Clips (using AJA, BMD or NDI input)
- Streaming Clips (using RTMP input)
- Audio gain and routing
- Closed Captioning and Subtitle (Paid option)
- MIDI integration
- REST API integration
- AppleScripts integration
HOW TO UPGRADE ?
- Video Preview + Audio Vu-Meters
- Automatic Folder-based Playout
- Automatic Randomization
- New Stream Deck Editor
- Rename clips
For more information on the activation/deactivation process or the dongles, you should have check the Help Center about our licenses available on Softron's support desk.
In OnTheAir Video 4, there are two options:
- If you are using a Serial Number, it will need to be deactivated before we can generate a new license for OnTheAir Video 4. Ideally do the deactivation before placing the order, and in the comment, indicate both your serial number, and that it has been deactivated. Once the order is received, and we have confirmed the deactivation of the original serial number, we will send you a new serial number for OnTheAir Video 4. If you can't deactivate prior to the order, indicate it in the comments, we'll organise this with you.
- If you are using a Dongle, you will need to send us the dongle serial number that you intend to upgrade so we can send you an upgrade procedure for that dongle.
- If you are using a Serial Number but want to upgrade to a dongle, it is still possible, just add a dongle to your order and tell us what Application Serial Number it should replace. We will then send you the procedure for the migration.
- Dynamic Graphics Overlay (DGO): You should order it if you need to overlay dynamic graphics on top of your video. You won't need a license of OnTheAir CG if you have a license for the DGO option.
- Closed Captioning (CC): You should order it if you need to output either Closed Captioning (CC) or Subtitling (OP47). We support the CC or OP47 to be embedded in the file, or a sidecar SRT. Check the following article of our help center to know more.